India recorded the first case of the more infectious Covid-19 variant XE. A case of the Kappa variant was also detected during a survey. The new COVID variant XE is more transferable than any other Covid-19 strain, says World Health Organization (WHO). The health agency had earlier this week flagged the emergence of the new coronavirus variant XE a hybrid of the BA.1 and BA.2 variations of Omicron. Read this article to know more about COVID-19 XE Variant- Symptoms | Treatment | Precautions- Asthma Bhawan
COVID-19 XE Variant- Symptoms | Treatment | Precautions- Asthma Bhawan
The XE variant was first seen in the UK in January. According to the WHO, the COVID-19 strain XE may be more spreadable than any other strain. Visit also: NeoCov Virus | How it is Dangerous for Asthma Patients | Precautions and Treatment
What is XE variant?
XE is a combination of recombinants of both sub-variants (BA.1 and BA.2) of Omicron. The recombinant variant seems to be, as per the WHO, 10% more infectious than the BA.2 sub-variant of Omicron. “Early-day estimations show a community growth rate advantage as compared to BA.2.
A UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) study recently showed that currently as many are 3 COVID variants are spreading. The two other combinations of Delta and BA.1 are XD and XF. The third is XE.
COVID-19 XE Variant Symptoms
The severity of COVID-19 signs will vary from person to person depending on their vaccination level and immunity developed from previous conditions. It is pretty standard for symptoms to modify for some individuals, and for others, they can be rather painful.
There are some signs to monitor for, such as fever, painful throat, rough throat, cough and cold, skin itches and discolorations, gastrointestinal pain, respiratory pain, etc. Severe infection can cause severe heart problems, pulses, and nerve injury.
COVID-19 XE Variant Treatments
In a report, WHO said its expert team completed that vaccination with the COVID vaccine could seriously decrease the risk of painful infection and death due to the spread of the omicron variant infections.
- It is also valuable to continue wearing the mask and keep social distancing standards.
- Don’t attend occasions and locations that are overcrowded.
- A booster dose can improve your protection if you are at risk of extreme illness or disorder. As a result, after the vaccination, the booster dose of COVID-19 is suggested.
Covid-19 Variant XE Precautions
Contact COVID care hospital at Jaipur for the most up-to-date information in your area and to know more about COVID-19 XE Variant- Symptoms | Treatment | Precautions
Also visit: Covid-19 Vaccines for Kids In India
- Keep a social distance from others to stop the spread of Covid-19 Variant XE, although if they don’t seem to be unwell.
- Wear a mask when you’re out in public.
- Wash your hands repeatedly, and use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to wash your hands.
- Take vaccine. Vaccination must be complete rendering to local guidance.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you’re sick, stay at home.
Important information related to XE variant:
- This variant of the coronavirus may be the most transmissible ever.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says the XE variant seems to be 10 percent more transferable than Omicron’s sub-variant BA.2
- WHO says that as part of the Omicron variant, the XE conversion is also being tracked . The symptoms of Omicron include fever, sore throat, and cough, and cold, skin irritation.
- The UK health agency is studying three variants XD, XE, and XF. XD is a hybrid of the BA.1 Omicron variant and XF is a recombinant variant of Delta and BA.1.