Tobacco De-Addiction: Asthma Bhawan Tobacco De-Addiction center in India leads by motivation or inspiration. We are one the best drug, alcohol, and Tobacco De-Addiction centers, we recognize our hard work and high rate of effective treatment of any type of addiction recovery. In our hospital, we have an expert team of therapists, staff, and physicians that offer compassionate and expert care to patients. We are experts in providing psychotherapeutic as well as medical treatment. Smoking is a major factor in causing disease. It leads to crippling lung disease chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), aggravates asthma, lung cancer, and also throat cancer. Tobacco is incriminated in 25 types of serious lung diseases. In addition, it is the first step toward addiction. Asthma Bhawan is one the top Drug-addiction Rehabilitation centers in Jaipur.
Tobacco De-Addiction- Asthma Bhawan
Most drug addicts start with tobacco and in search of still better pleasure they use alcohol, Sulpha, Ganja, etc. Smoking not only causes disease but also opens gates of addiction and therefore “No-Tobacco Advice” should be delivered to students before initiation of tobacco. IACS is fighting these addictions in the following ways:
- Stickers: Developing and distributing stickers
- Pamphlets: Good pamphlets have been developed which are distributed to the public.
- Children’s games: education through play has been delivered through some of the games developed to create hate against tobacco. Tobacco snake and ladder games became quite popular in this regard.
- Hoardings: Placed at strategic places these were quite popular in generating awareness. At various strategic sites, these were displayed.
- School camps: It is very easy not to start than to quit tobacco. Based on this theme school students were educated about the ill effects of tobacco through the projection of slides. This program motivates them never to start tobacco
- Slide program in offices: It was organized to generate awareness among smokers and non-smokers about the ill effects of smoking and tobacco. The ill effects of passive smoking were quite convincing to non-smokers. After attending this program non- smokers were motivated and they started protesting smoking in their presence. “Don’t allow anyone to poison your breath” is the theme of this program. Asthma Bhawan has years of experience in dealing with a Drug-addiction Rehabilitation Centre in Jaipur.
- Spirometry camps: Smokers are invited to attend a free spirometry camp organized at a public place or an office. Spirometry values are used to motivate smokers to quit smoking.
- Tobacco ill effect Exhibition: Displayed at various places. Has motivating effects on nonsmokers.
- Publication of Asthma Sanjeevani: This magazine was published every quarter and it was an important tool for the education of asthmatic patients and people using tobacco. In Asthma Bhawan we have a professional team of Tobacco De-Addiction.
- Felicitation of those who became the winner in quitting: on various occasions tobacco users who got successful in quitting is elicited. When such victims shared their experiences other smokers were motivated.
- Programs on special occasions: IACS regularly celebrates the world no-tobacco program and international day against drug trafficking. These programs are usually celebrated in jails, offices, or schools.
- Counseling: It is the backbone of the de-addiction program. Counseling is done in Asthma Bhawan by highly skilled doctors who provide the best smoking treatment to people in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is delivered in 3 ways; individual counseling, group counseling, and family counseling. Strategies and skills are developed to address the problems of four groups based on the use of tobacco and the presence or absence of disease.
Model to Show Harm by 1 Cigarette or 1 Gutka Pouch
- Healthy tobacco users: Family especially children can play a crucial role.
- Sick tobacco users: Doctors are the best persons to motivate them
- Never users: Counseling is focused on stressing the fundamental that “taking a breath in clean air is birthright never allow any to poison our breath with smoking in the vicinity”.
- Potential users: These are children and students who have not started but they are in the vulnerable age of learning tobacco use with peer pressure. A word of advice can motivate them “stop before start”.