Department of Pulmonary Medicine
Department of Pulmonary Medicine- Pulmonary diseases are a group of diseases that block the airways and cause damage to the lungs. These comprise chronic diseases such as emphysema, bronchitis, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and even cancer. Pulmonary diseases are also referred to as COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) as they make airways inflamed and cause difficulty in breathing. It is an umbrella term for many diseases which are chronic in nature and cause long-term effects, possibly irreversible as in the case of lungs. These diseases are mostly benefitted from the change in lifestyle and precise medication.
Our objective is to eliminate agony from the lives of people and we believe to execute it through different aspects of care. Out integrated method delivers better treatment services and elbow room to endeavor different medications and therapies, that have undergone different clinical trials, for the betterment of people. Department of Pulmonary Medicine helps people in their sufferings, also taking care of how much their pockets can afford. This center offers the best possible treatment, for chronic ailments requiring a combination of both medication and therapies.
Diseases and complications such as COPD, Lung Fibrosis & Post TB are being taken care of in the Department of Pulmonary Medicine.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a collective term used for progressive lung diseases; damage caused by which can be irreversible. Conditions such as emphysema, and bronchitis cause difficulty in breathing, long term disruption causes damage to the lungs.
- It is a disease that occurs when the tissues of the lungs are scarred and get damaged. Such types of tissues create difficulty in breathing and the lungs reduce their working efficiency. Such scarring or damage to lung tissues leads to permanent loss of the ability of tissues to exchange gases.
- It is rightly said by the experts, damage caused by any disease maybe even last than the disease itself, especially in the case of vital organs like lungs.
Lung Disease Which Benefits from Lung Rehabilitation
Pulmonary diseases are caused by infection, smoking, tobacco, breathing in old secondhand tobacco smoke, radon, asbestos, or different sorts of air pollution. Pulmonary diseases include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and lung cancer. People with chronic pulmonary disease find the specialized care and support they need at the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Asthma Bhawan. The experts at Asthma Bhawan will operate with you to improve your health and reduce your risk of future pulmonary disease and medical difficulties.
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Post Tuberculosis
- Post COVID Lung Fibrosis
Department for Lung Rehabilitation overlooks all such conditions where damage to lungs might occur and is at great risk owing to current lifestyle and increasing pollution. Treatment for all such ailments is a blend of modern techniques and medication as per the requirement of the patient. Our experts believe in providing the best possible solutions to the patients to prevent the disease and its complication in the future.
We are happy to share that we are Inaugurating the Department of Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Asthma Bhawan on November 12, 2021