Asthma Bhawan has a Bronchoscopy Room, where Bronchoscopy is done to view the airways and diagnose the Lung Disease.
• Bronchoscopy is the process of direct visualization of the tracheobronchial tree.
• Bronchoscopy is recommended if lung disease is suspected and an inspection of the airways or a tissue sample is needed to confirm it. The test can be used to evaluate almost any disease in pulmonary medicine, including:
1. Acute pulmonary eosinophilia (Loeffler’s syndrome)
2. Aspiration pneumonia
4. Bronchial adenoma
5. CMV pneumonia
6. Chronic pulmonary coccidioidomycosis
8. Disseminated tuberculosis (infectious)
9. Chronic pulmonary histoplasmosis
• Bronchoscopy is also recommended if you have been coughing up of blood. Normal cells and secretions are found. No foreign substances or blockages are seen.